<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 28, 2004

An Old Promise 

PolSpy wants to remind Paul Martin of an old campaign promise:
Mr. Martin,

In accordance with your statement of May 26,2004 as reported in the Ottawa Citizen:

"I've got a record of doing what I say I'm going to do and I'm telling you in this case, I'm going to do exactly what we’re saying we’re going to do."

...we, your constituents, are formally calling upon you to honour a past commitment you made to Canadians and that was reported in the Montreal Gazette on April 4, 1990:

"I would abolish the GST."

As you are now our Prime Minister, the authority needed to keep this promise -- abolishing the Goods and Services Tax -- is yours.

You said it, and we're holding you to it.

Respectfully,

The Undersigned.
Spread the love! Who knows: we might finally get rid of that dreaded 7%!
Comments: Post a Comment