<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Democracy Works, Until It Doesn't 

A non-political moment: I don't know if democracy will work in Iraq, but I sure saw evidence last night that it doesn't always work in America.

But then, I suppose I can take comfort in the fact that Jennifer will probably get a record contract sooner than whoever wins this.

I wasn't a huge Jennifer fan or anything (I prefer LaToya), but she was starting to grow on me. And I did expect one, or at worst two, of the "divas" to be on the bottom three, knowing how these things work. But LaToya, Fantasia, and Jennifer on the bottom? Maybe they should make American Idol a radio program.

UPDATE (APR 23, 06:45 AM): Here is the story as covered in the New York Post. I must point out that Jennifer's departure, in some sense, isn't that big of a surprise: she's been in the bottom three more than once. But to actually vote her off on a night where she outperformed the rest, and to have LaToya and Fantasia with her on the bottom, is plain ridiculous.
Comments: Post a Comment