<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Very Pink, But Lacking In Grey (Matter) 

Gonna start slow by lampooning a celebrity, AKA shooting fish in a barrel. Tonight's lucky famous person: Pink.
"I'm so disappointed in people right now," she said. "We don't protest anymore. That's why I've always said I missed my time. I was supposed to be here in the '60s, you know, when people stood up and were educated and political and had opinions and weren't afraid to share them and weren't afraid that their song was going to get taken off the radio if they had an opinion. I figure if people are listening to what I have to say for whatever amount of time that they will, I might as well say something important."
Where has she been for the last year? Hiding in a cave (like a certain former Saudi rich boy)? 100,000 people marched in New York over a war that was fought a year ago (yah yah, I'm sure the organizers did a bit of inflating the numbers, but the point still stands). Hippyism hasn't been this popular since, well, Pink's beloved 60s.

But then, I suppose Pink is more involved with animal rights issues than anything related to human beings. Personally, the only PETA I like is one wrapping grilled chicken, but I digress. In any case, here's what she has to say about her beloved organization.
"But I have very conflicted views on everything. I'm a proud member of PETA and I got leather boots on my feet, you know what I'm saying?"
*Bang* *Bang* *Bang* *Fish stops flopping*
Comments: Post a Comment