<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 29, 2003

I Need A Blogging Sabbatical 

Blogging isn't easy. The amount of information to write about is staggering. I mean, just because I didn't blog about it, it doesn't mean that I wasn't aware or not interested in the following events: It's just that I personally didn't have anything profound to say about these events that others haven't done already. Perhaps I can cut down on the commentary, but the point of this project is to write about my thoughts, not become some sort of Drudge Report. I enjoy being able to pick and choose, but then, I'm also a link whore and a counter addict, so I'm tempted to write less stuff on more things.

I wonder if the handful of readers I get (from the counter, I can tell there aren't many returning visitors) think it's better to go for a more Instapundit route (more links, less chat) or a more Andrew Sullivan route (more chat, less links). I prefer the latter, but, as I've said before, I'm a counter addict.

But in any case, I do know that I have six final exams in the next two weeks, and it's definitely time to stop being so addicted to my project. So besides the Daniel Pipes visit (I'm not even sure if I'll attend the PC merger vote), I'm going to stay away from blogging as much as possible. Heck, I'll even probably have to stop reading other blogs so that I don't get tempted.

Now if only I can improve upon the results of my last announcement of reduced blogging (which was following by more blogging than ever).
Comments: Post a Comment